Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Like it or not, this site is no longer in a small corner of the web. People know about it and can ask that their content not be posted here and if conversations about them get out of hand they can ask not to be discussed at all.

To do otherwise would risk the site being judicially shut down.
And while I deeply respect the right to privacy, I also find the hypocrisy of these people to be a bit hilarious.

Fame has value. That's why they make money. You can't control fame any more than you can control gossip. If the money isn't worth the risk of exposure, then don't do it. Plenty of other ways to make money in this world.

And let's not pretend that these guys aren't trying to be influencer, creators, or models. They all are. Where their content ends up will be out of their hands at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: Trybogus01

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
Like it or not, this site is no longer in a small corner of the web. People know about it and can ask that their content not be posted here and if conversations about them get out of hand they can ask not to be discussed at all.

To do otherwise would risk the site being judicially shut down.
Yassss!!! I'm lovin it! I've seen threads shut down because malicious rumor-mongerers are getting invasive, disrespectful and out-of-hand.

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
So know we can't talk about someone even if they haven't hired a lawyer to complain and take down the thread about them. We can only talk about the less controversial straight guys, because gay guys bring too much chaos. Just trying to understand what happened to a thread that was straightened up and became boring and is now closed. I warned everyone I didnt' feel safe here anymore and now censorship has proven that.

This forum has become too big too police. Start charging every member a minimal fee, even $20 year to support the cost of maintaining it.
And while I deeply respect the right to privacy, I also find the hypocrisy of these people to be a bit hilarious.

Fame has value. That's why they make money. You can't control fame any more than you can control gossip. If the money isn't worth the risk of exposure, then don't do it. Plenty of other ways to make money in this world.

And let's not pretend that these guys aren't trying to be influencer, creators, or models. They all are. Where their content ends up will be out of their hands at some point.
Looks like.. decency and respect for someone's preference and privacy are quite a challenge for some of y'all in this site, huh?

WFWFII

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gossiping about sexuality on a lot of threads used to be pretty normal (and you could post about likely partners etc) but now in lots of them there are a few self appointed censors who seem to want to police everything and stop any kind of discussion. Instead of ignoring it (like we ignored their incessant grumblings) they go and report even the most modest or minor bit of speculation to the moderators.

I was not sure what caused a recent RWRB thread to be shut down, was it actually some information that crossed the line or did some of the over zealous thought-police actually cry wolf too many times? Which would be ironic if they got it shut down. Either way they seem to have their dull and sanitised new thread so maybe they got their way. Having one thread for this sort of stuff seems like a way to take a lot of the fun out of the forum with interesting discussion and tidbits replaced with just PR pictures and press updates which you can see and read about anywhere. In nearly all situations the awful 'gossip' and 'speculation' was from stuff in the public domain, but apparently even that is not allowed anymore. I am against anything invasive, but you should be able to talk about things and people that are available to anyone on the internet. It is a shame how things have changed. Just my two cents.

colorfulkent

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gossiping about sexuality on a lot of threads used to be pretty normal (and you could post about likely partners etc) but now in lots of them there are a few self appointed censors who seem to want to police everything and stop any kind of discussion. Instead of ignoring it (like we ignored their incessant grumblings) they go and report even the most modest or minor bit of speculation to the moderators.

I was not sure what caused a recent RWRB thread to be shut down, was it actually some information that crossed the line or did some of the over zealous thought-police actually cry wolf too many times? Which would be ironic if they got it shut down. Either way they seem to have their dull and sanitised new thread so maybe they got their way. Having one thread for this sort of stuff seems like a way to take a lot of the fun out of the forum with interesting discussion and tidbits replaced with just PR pictures and press updates which you can see and read about anywhere. In nearly all situations the awful 'gossip' and 'speculation' was from stuff in the public domain, but apparently even that is not allowed anymore. I am against anything invasive, but you should be able to talk about things and people that are available to anyone on the internet. It is a shame how things have changed. Just my two cents.
It was all that. First, the homophobes ended any conversation about a certain lead's sexuality or marital status or partner. Then, appparently, crazies went to far commenting on a family member that we could talk about. So we were censored than blocked completely to the extent that we cannot even mention his name here anywhere! This is not coming from the star himself, from what I can tell. Just the homophobe and the crazies who win.

Reactions: qavak0

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
Attacking someone's family members is off-topic and out of bounds, but it's a shame people can't even discuss the actor being married/partnered or their personal life in that thread. The only reason this hasn't happened in a certain other popular thread is bc most people don't know who they're looking at.

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media

That's coz people have no respect and start posting names and photos of private individual's who are being linked to the hot actors that they want to rumor or out to be gay. I can't believe people have no basic decency to not consider that. Real fans and supporters don't want any of that for their idols so I'm more than glad those threads are shut down because disrespectful people have no control.

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is not a fan forum. People are allowed to discuss BTS gossip about actors and nothing about it is against the rules.
Until the person(s) being discussed contact the site and ask not to be discussed, then all discussion of them is shutdown for legal protection of the site.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This is not a fan forum. People are allowed to discuss BTS gossip about actors and nothing about it is against the rules.
To a point, the admin team still regularly locks/closes threads at the behest of creators though like @Hephaestion47 said.

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
Until the person(s) being discussed contact the site and ask not to be discussed, then all discussion of them is shutdown for legal protection of the site.
To a point, the admin team still regularly locks/closes threads at the behest of creators though like @Hephaestion47 said.
AS THEY SHOULD. Glad to know sites like this must remember the legal repercussions when they let their site used a breeding cestpool for malicious rumors and morally-damaging postings like this thread.

colorfulkent

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The subject, as far as I know, did not contact the sight. We were told he was banned because of the crazies going to far.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The subject, as far as I know, did not contact the sight. We were told he was banned because of the crazies going to far.
If you're referring to TZP that is almost certainly categorically wrong. Word on the street is I was told by other users who looked into the matter that basically there was personal involvement. Iirc what was said was 'Taylor's team has contacted us". Us being the mods/admins.

Reactions: l3moning