jerking off is good for your prostate!

freeballerlondon

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've always suspected this.

but it seems jerking off is GOOD for you and reduces prostate cancer?

Masturbating may slash risk of prostate cancer, claims expert
This has been known for a number of years. Moreover, this whole idiocy of ‘semen retention’ can actually cause short- and long-term harm.
Within reason, you basically can’t orgasm enough. (Reason being that if it leaves you chafed, you use undue pressure, or if it interferes with your social or sex life)

notthatguy

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Any form of orgasm is good for you. At 61, I have the prostate of a teenager.... so my doctor says.

freeballerlondon

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
agreed. if it only didnt take so much work to get women to have sex
But fortunately, masturbation actually has an even more preventative effect than partnered sex :)
(The reason why is a bit long. In essence it boils down to men having different types of ejaculate)

Reactions: FrankTO

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But fortunately, masturbation actually has an even more preventative effect than partnered sex :)
(The reason why is a bit long. In essence it boils down to men having different types of ejaculate)
Could you say a bit more about that?

I had heard about the Harvard study before. I also remember reading about a study in Australia, but now don't have the link. In essence, a finding of the Australian study was that much of the protective effect came from frequent ejaculation as a young man and that included those who were young enough not to have started sex lives with another person, so ejaculation would, of necessity, have meant masturbating.

I don't remember there being an explanation for the benefit being greater for the young despite prostate cancer being a disease of middle and old age. One possibility seemed to be just keeping up with what your body is doing and that means more often for someone who is younger. I suspect, when it comes to sex, those in relatively new relationships are having the most while those who have yet to "go steady" with anyone are having less than they would like you to believe.