Is it normal not to feel horny after lifting?

TexGeek1999

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In order to lose weight, I have been working out/lifting weights with the help of a personal trainer for a few months now. I feel this question is too awkward to ask my trainer but I’ve notice that after an intense workout, I don’t get that horniness afterwards that I’ve seen commonly talked about. I was under the impression working out raises testosterone, but I just feel zen afterwards. I just find it a little strange how I don’t get the post workout horniness especially since my trainer is like REALLY hot.
I’m not too worried since my sex drive hasn’t changed at all, as I still masturbate everyday.

Reactions: Antoniooo

JBD_Mikk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'd say that's normal - I often feel the same. If I do high weights with low reps, I can sometimes feel what seems like a testosterone boost during the workout - not quite horny, but sort of a strong, confident feeling. It doesn't happen every time, and I don't usually feel particularly horny afterward. On rare occasions I've gotten a bit of a semi in the shower afterward, but I don't think that was directly caused by the workout.

Rooker

Experimental Member
Media
Some days I can’t wait to go home with my gf after a workout, to a point where it’s obvious in my shorts even walking through the gym.

Other days I prefer to have a post lifting meal, go for a walk, and relax.

You’re normal.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In order to lose weight, I have been working out/lifting weights with the help of a personal trainer for a few months now. I feel this question is too awkward to ask my trainer but I’ve notice that after an intense workout, I don’t get that horniness afterwards that I’ve seen commonly talked about. I was under the impression working out raises testosterone, but I just feel zen afterwards. I just find it a little strange how I don’t get the post workout horniness especially since my trainer is like REALLY hot.
I’m not too worried since my sex drive hasn’t changed at all, as I still masturbate everyday.
Its a much more focused thing you're doing with your body so its natural not to feel ultra horny after, as long as you still wank daily you've got no problems.
Nw swimming is also working but that's a different kettle of fish, after a good session I always feel extra horny to the point of bursting.

Reactions: Antoniooo

TDWK

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always feel horny after a gym session and I find if I have a wank soon after my loads are bigger too. Not sure if it’s connected but it feels great

Reactions: mifflin

Juced

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes it is normal. I’ve been bodybuilding for 16 years and even on gear, there are plenty of days after working out, I just want to eat, relax and chill before anything. Usually too tired to want to do anything. But that’s on days where I lift late due to work and my meal schedule. Weekends are a bit different, I’ll have more energy after the gym when I go earlier so I’ll be on the mood after I rest up after.
Try napping after a lift to rest your body a bit and you should see a difference. Fatigue, and stamina are huge factors when it comes to sexual performance and ability to get horny. (Not for everyone but for a lot of people)

Reactions: JBD_Mikk

P.B

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Exercise in general doesn't make me horny. Weights often does though, or at least bench pressing does. If I'm doing a routine with BP's in (Which I don't bother with very often anyway) then I'll typically need a wank straight after.

Wildman2015

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve never noticed, but now that you mention it, I never wank on the same night as a workout. I usually shower, eat, and relax. I’m usually horny the next morning though.

Reactions: JBD_Mikk