medmuslga

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Was in a Southern State Fraternity in early 80's. The fraternities had their "houses" in the oldest dorms on campus....over a hundred years old (and still there today, although a major renovation of each was performed about a decade ago, and don't know how the showers changed), but the showers were small and did not have enough room for shower heads to be placed on the walls, so we had the really old style tower, which was a large stainless pipe that came up from the floor and had like 4-5 shower heads coming out of it....there were two of these in the small space. So, you truly showered almost elbow to elbow....but, it seemed normal since each floor had the same set-up. The regular dorm showers (before I moved into the frat house) were like the W&M photo....big huge open showers with the heads coming out of the walls....they were a huge L shaped shower...probably 20' X 15' and there would be at least 20 shower heads. I remember in this shower, as a freshman, seeing my first HUNG man/teenager. Black guy with glasses and scary hung completely soft. He was also the most comfortable guy....talking to guys he knew like they were having lunch together instead of being naked.

Bcjq101

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
A friend of mine told me that to this day, communal or open showers are still a thing in frat houses. Then I saw this video on TikTok. At least in the US, communal showers are disappearing from schools, gyms, etc. across the country. That is why I couldn't believe that fraternities haven't changed to private stalls or individual bathrooms in their houses. To any frat brothers out there, how common are open showers and communal nudity in frat houses?
2/5 frats at my U, including mine had shower rooms (communal).